Out of Time: Trio Mediæval are three extraordinary female vocalists from Norway and Sweden who take music from very early sources and sing it side-by-side with powerful contemporary works composed especially for them. The contrasts are awe-inspiring—from Oleh Karkavyy's ravishing Kyrie to 14th century music discovered on the back side of accounting documents for the construction of an English castle. Whether ancient or modern, it's music out of time. The program ends with a set of poignant Nordic folksongs.
MUSIC PLAYED IN THE PROGRAM
- Oleh Harkavyy: Kyrie (2002)
- Leonel Power: Gloria from Missa "Alma redemptoris mater"
- Anonymous (England, 14th c. from Berkeley Castle, Select Roll 55): Alma Mater/Ante Thorum
- Benedicta es celorum regina
- De spineto Nata Rosa
- Gavin Bryars: Ave regina gloriosa (2003)
- Anonymous (England, 14th c.): Dou way Robyn/Sancta Mater
- Andrew Smith: Ave Maria (2000)
- Traditional, Norwegian (arr. Tone Krohn): Till, till Tove
- Traditional, Norwegian (arr. Tone Krohn): Den elskte Jerusalem (Beloved Jerusalem)
- Traditional, Norwegian (arr. Linn A. Fuglseth): Nu solen går ned (The Sun is Setting)